Re: [NTLK] Ethernet woes (long)

From: Mark Holden (spartacus68_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Jun 23 2004 - 09:21:37 PDT

On 23 Jun 2004, at 17:08, David Abramowitz wrote:

> Me thinks that could be an issue. You have it set to DHCP, so it will
> try and find someone to assign it an IP address, and will fail. I would
> suggest giving the Newt an IP manually, and make sure you use the same
> info as on the Macs (subnet mask, etc...)

David

thanks for your help. I will try that.

First, let me check that I've understood you correctly (DHCP, subnet
masks, primary DNS is not stuff I'm familiar with)...

On the Newton Ethernet setup:

Configuration: Manual
Card: 3Com 3C589 PC Card
Subnet Mask: as on the Mac TCP/IP settings in the Network section of
System Preferences
Local IP address: as for the Mac but with the fourth section changed
to give it a unique address
Gateway/router address: not sure. Do I need to enter anything here?
Primary DNS/Name Server Address: again, not sure what to enter here
Domain name: leave it at <none> or do I need to change this?

Regards,
Mark