[NTLK] Newton Arrived, problems...

From: Jared Bland (jrbm689_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Jun 23 2004 - 12:52:03 PDT

I may be having some problems to start:

My Megahertz 56k PC Card "Cellular Modem" is being recognized by the
Newton but cannot be "prepared" to make a phone call.

I have a Megahertz 28.8 PC Card which works just fine, but when I make
a call, I cannot send any voice. The microphone seems to not pick up
any sound. Also, the voice coming in through the Newton is quite
distorted which makes it almost impossible to understand any words.

1: I'm wondering if there's a driver problem with the 56k card.

2: I'm wondering if anyone else's Newt has these same problems with
phone calls.

3: How do I turn on the backlight? I can't seem to find a hard or soft
switch anywhere...

and 4: How do I begin to install software and drivers onto it. I
currently have a serial cable for my MP110, but there's no SER-001
board in the 2100.

Any ideas?