[NTLK] AW: AW: [WTB] Ethernet x-jack card

From: Marco Mailand (isaac_at_tele2.ch)
Date: Wed Jun 23 2004 - 14:55:47 PDT

> The water in question was on the fireground, it was full of
> AFFF foam/solvents and contaminants on 6/22/04 9:23 PM, Marco
> Mailand at isaac_at_tele2.ch wrote: ....
I didnīt know about the chemicals youīve dropped your modem card into. My
wife dropped her little Palm 5 (?) or whatever it was this winter into the
carribean sea at a Cuban island. Fortunately we found a diver with
underwater lamp and diver equipment to search it and get it out of the
water. After about 10 min later my wife submerged it into sweet water and I
tried to open it in order to remove the accu. W/o success, because I could
not find the right screws and tricks to open it. Later at home I found that
there are two holes at the rear in which you have to press down whatever is
underneath to open the Palm case. And finally I saw the damage of the
combination of salt water and current! Itīs described quickly: completely
dissolved PCB tracks! Unbelievable but true! Fortunately she didnīt have to
pay the damage and the unit was replaced by the IT-dept.

Marco