Re: [NTLK] Newton dies, returns from the dead, dies again ...

From: John A (macnut1_at_gawab.com)
Date: Sat Jun 26 2004 - 02:21:35 PDT

On Jun 26, 2004, at 2:49 AM, Grant Symon wrote:

> Hi,
>
> my incredible resurrected 2100 has gone back to the grave ... well,
> it's on life support.
>

> Maybe I'm going to be needing that Repair Clinic at the WWNC after all.
> : (
>
> Grant

I'd take a look at the battery connection terminals inside the Newt.
Kinda sounds like you may have a flakey connection there. Seems like it
works until the power draw starts to climb, but once the Newt tries to
pull more power, the flakey connection won't allow enough current to
flow. And maybe when the Newt tries to start with a card installed, it
just takes so much power that it can't even start.
Just a guess, but it might be worth a look....

JR