Re: [NTLK] [OT] Happy WWDC (10AM Pacific)

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Mon Jun 28 2004 - 13:44:26 PDT

On Jun 28, 2004, at 1:26 PM, Jared Bland wrote:

>> Cool new monitors though, and new features to Tiger
>> Check it out: http://www.apple.com
>
> The monitors aren't very impressive. I certainly am not excited about
> this. It was almost a waste of my 2 hours...

This thread is a good example of one that should be marked OT...

I think people are warped to imagine WWDC is about hardware
announcements. It's a software developer show, and new tools for
software developers and info on the roadmap are the most important
aspects. Sure sometimes they do use it to roll out new stuff too...

I think the funniest/saddest announcement is the fact that Apple has
dumped there stupid ADC video connector in favor of the Standard DVI.
Except the 30" cinema display which is completely insane and therefore
needs a special card/connector.

Marty

PS How long do you think before the forget this lesson AGAIN and
release some kind of proprietary connector (like the Newton
interconnect as an example).