Re: [NTLK] Wireless connection woes

From: David Hitt (dhitt_at_hatbag.net)
Date: Mon Jun 28 2004 - 18:33:36 PDT

Thanks for all the help.
I've actually managed to get through to the internet, though I'm still
having problems.

I've managed to send e-mail to my account and to my wife, who is on the
same domain, but can't send any outside our domain, or check my mail.
I'm sure it has something to do with my settings, just not sure what,
and I've tried a few different clients.

nBlog has succesfully connected to Blogger, and has downloaded my list
of blogs, and the rest of the options are now available, but I can't
figure out how to post anything. I've been trying to write something
in Notepad and tell nBlog to post it, but to no avail--not sure if
that's what I'm supposed to be doing or not.

NewtChat will connect to AOL, but then it just doesn't do anything--my
buddy list doesn't pop up, and other people don't see me as being
online.

If anybody has any thoughts on any of these problems, I'd appreciate it.

And, I'm really grateful to all the help everyone has given so far. I
apologize for being so clueless, and if it weren't for the great
community out there, I wouldn't dream of being nearly so ambitious--I'd
probably just be doodling and playing Attaxx like I was in '97. So,
yeah, thanks, everyone! (And, in my defense, I did manage to sync my
iCal and Address Book, and load packages from an OS X iMac without
asking for step-by-step help, so I'm learning--slowly.)

Thanks,
David