Re: [NTLK] J

From: Ken Bush (kbush_at_jksalesinc.com)
Date: Tue Jun 29 2004 - 00:28:32 PDT

As many of the list members know, J &K Sales, Inc. is commited to customer
service. We strive to insure that our customers are satisfied with their
order(s), and our 30% returning customer rate is a testament to our efforts.

In regards to this and similar situations, we typically wait two months for
international orders shipped via Airmail Parcel Post or Economy (Surface)
Parcel Post to reach their destination. The real-time delivery estimates of
these methods are usually underestimated by the U.S. Postal Service. We have
seen it take as long as three months for an order to arrive. This issue is
addressed in our Policies statement at
http://jksalesinc.com/catalog/policies.php[1] and again in our Shipping
&Returns page at http://jksalesinc.com/catalog/shipping.php[2] .

The statement reads:

"INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING

The rates and estimated delivery times given by the shopping cart during
check out are in real time, directly from the carrier. The rates and
estimated delivery times are not set by J&K Sales, Inc.. Understand that the
delivery times are estimated and are at the mercy of international postal
services and customs once the package leaves the United States. For example,
The United States Postal Service (U.S.P.S.) usually states that the delivery
time for Airmail Parcel Post is 4-10 days. In reality it takes 2-3 weeks for
most countries and can take as long as two months. If you prefer to have
youritems shipped via the postal service, we highly recommend Global Express
(EMS), which is insureable and fast. We also recommend Global Priority for
its cost effectiveness and speed, but it is usually not insureable. You
should always insure your shipments as there is always a chance that it may
be lost in transit. Also, there is no real tracking of international
packagesthrough the postal service. Global Express is only trackable until
itleaves the United States. If you must have tracking, use UPS, FedEx or
Airborne Express/DHL."

Customers must select that they have read, understood and agree to our
policies before they can checkout with an order.

We debated dropping Airmail Parcel Post or Economy (Surface) Parcel Post as
available shipping options altogether because of this problem but chose not
to as some customers may not be able to afford the more expensive rates.
Despite the possible headaches, we chose the customer first and foremost.
This is why we offer so many shipping carriers and options to our customers.

In this specific case the two month waiting period has just been met. The
order will be reshipped via Global Express (EMS) as Global Priority is not
available to Italy. An insurance claim will be filed with the U.S. Postal
Service regarding the original order.

We suggest that all of our international customers consider using Global
Express (EMS) or Global Priority as their shipping choice when ordering. The
Airmail Parcel Post and Economy (Surface) Parcel Post shipments are rarely
lost, but they can make for a long wait.
If anyone has any questions, feel free to give us a call or send us an
email.Thanks, Ken

--
Ken Bush - President
J &K Sales, Inc. [3]