Re: [NTLK] recommended version of escale for X.3?

From: Simon Stapleton (simon_at_tufty.co.uk)
Date: Tue Jun 29 2004 - 09:45:17 PDT

> From: Andrew Beals <bandy_at_cinnamon.com>
>
> What's the current recommended version (i.e. it works) of escale
> for those of us running Jaguar and Appletalk over Ether? 1.0.1,
> the official version (5/3 build date) has the -28mumblety problem
> where it won't sync. More recent revisions from the nightlys just
> connect then disconnect as if they were successful.

Not sure, I have a build from (very recent) cvs that seems to work
reasonably well. It will only connect if _one and only one_ transport
is selected and it seems to be a bit picky, but it's getting there. I
can send you a copy offlist of you like.

I'm not sure if it syncs correctly. syncing seems suspiciously fast,
even considering it's being done over 802.11b. Paul?

However, package install works pretty much 100%

If you're having problems, it's worth checking the system log (run
Console.app) to see what's going on.

Simon

--
AppleCare.  Now _there's_ an oxymoron for you.