Re: [NTLK] soft print pack

From: Daniel Padilla (dproldan_at_telefonica.net)
Date: Tue Jun 29 2004 - 11:10:58 PDT

>Does anyone know where I can get a registration for Soft Print Pack? It
>appears that the company is no longer and I kick myself for not getting it
>when they were around (never thought I would have a use for it).

    I played a bit with it when they stopped accepting registrations.
There's a way to disable the "demo" notice that the program prints. You
have to open the program file with an Hex editor, then you substitute the
fourth or fifth (could be 3rd or 6th) ocurrence of the "demo" sentence (i
don't remember exactly what it was, just print a page to find out what to
look for) with space characters.

    I'm talking about this program:
http://www.sytek.ca/products/newton/spp.htm

 D.