[NTLK] Apocrypha, Kabbalah [Pinging DJ Vollkasko] Apocrypha for DJ V to scratch out some b

From: DJ Vollkasko (DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net)
Date: Tue Mar 02 2004 - 23:44:18 PST

>From: Matthew Reidsrow <junkmail_at_reidsrow.com>
>Subject: [NTLK] [Pinging DJ Vollkasko] Apocrypha for DJ V to scratch out
>some b
>Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 08:43:01 -0500
>
>Here you go, DJ V, some of the New and Old Testament Apocryphal
>writings. (Your spelling probably impeded the search). Note that this
>is far from complete, but these are the books that usually fall into
>someone or other's canon, and not into others. Therefore they are
>usually included. There are many more, especially Gospels and
>Apocolypses, but they are more difficult to find online.
>
>http://etext.lib.virginia.edu/rsv.browse.html
>
>Scroll to the bottom of the page. Thanks again!

Thanks, Matthew! I'll take a look at it.

 From the kind responses received, I understand that there is no dedicated
Newton collection of Apocrypha readily available. Somebody oughto look into
this...

>From: Matthew Reidsrow <junkmail_at_reidsrow.com>
>Subject: Re: [NTLK] Guess what? Two new Newton eBooks for you!
>Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 16:54:12 -0500
>
>On Mar 2, 2004, at 12:34 PM, Eric Schneck wrote:
>
> > on 3/1/04 8:34 PM, DJ Vollkasko at DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net wrote:
> >
> >> P.S.: When I asked the other day about Old Testament and New Testament
> >> Apogrypha, I was serious, folks - anybody got those as nice Newton
> >> books?
> >
> > Or the Kabbalah?
>
>The Kabbalah is not really a book. :) I'll get to work this weekend and
>try to have The Zohar and a few other Kabbalistic texts whipped into
>Newtonbook format for the frenzied mob.

I'll have a copy, pls.! Is the Torah available, too? The Quran and several
Bible editions I've seen, but the Torah?

>Did I just say frenzied mob? I need to stop reading martyrdom
>hagiographies. Hey, there's an idea for Newton books!

Great! Let's make more books, more books, more books!

>And, for what it is worth, I've fixed previous problems with the
>NewtonNews engine and updates are regular again. Sorry for any
>inconvenience, assuming anyone actually reads it. :)

Well, I do.

Cheers,

DJV.