[NTLK] [ANN] another newtendo updated sheeesh

From: Eagan Rackley (eagix_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Mar 03 2004 - 09:42:35 PST

Hello everyone.

Version 0.51a is out with keyboard fixes. However, I'm going to need
some community testing on this part, and some feedback.

I added my fix into the keyboard routines, and I was still left with a
problem. Every now and then they keyboard would stop responding
completely, until I tapped a button on the newtendo screen, and voila it
was working again.

So, my first inclination was that something else decided that it needed
to handle keyboard input, instead of my app, and by clicking on my app
again, this said, "Hey, no, me!" and it started working again.

So, I've been using AVIs backdrop since I don't know when. I love it.
However, it does keep trying to peek through when I'm writing VRAM. SO,
what I did was change the backdrop to a really very static and useless
application. This, seemed to fix the problem. I haven't lost control of
the keyboard since then.

So, what I need you guys w/ keyboards to do, is try out newtendo with a
backdrop like AVIs backdrop, and with something like the extras drawer
as the backdrop. Does the keyboard ever stop working when you use the
extras drawer? Does it crash with AVI? Let me know!

Thanks,

Eagan