[NTLK] PC Card Video Adapter for Newton

From: Goodwin, Greg (GoodwinG_at_aafes.com)
Date: Thu Mar 04 2004 - 07:38:42 PST

     Don't forget there is my review on the EZ2TV and EZVGA at...

http://www.geocities.com/doctor_clu/EZ2TV.html

     It actually has some of the effects of the EZSHOW website on this page. I wish I had taken more pictures of it basically it was a bulky cludge. You had to watch the power level on the Newton, or if it dropped too low you would fry the card. But I would actually like to buy from someone the EZ2VGA, which as I understand it, used less power.

     Kinda fun. One night I was surfing the internet, displayed on a VGA monitor, chatting away with friends... and it was just like a 16 gray Macintosh. ;) What got confusing was the times that you wanted to tap the VGA monitor for selecting items.
     Of course that was the night I was doing this for HOURS. When I tried to power the Newton and card up the next day, the EZ2TV card was fried and hard to send it back. :(

     With it's flash memory rather than hard drives, I always figured that the Newton would make a great sleak, basic, desktop. It was fun playing with the VGA adaptor until I sold it to have money to buy something else. I think I bought Battlesphere Gold for the Atari Jaguar. ;)

     Doctor Clu