[NTLK] Newtendo game problems (Landscape vs. portrait view)

From: MKow1234_at_aol.com
Date: Thu Mar 04 2004 - 10:58:32 PST

Hello everyone:

I discovered the reason why some (most) of the Newtendo games did not work on
my MP 2100. For most (but not all) of the games, the Newton's screen has to
be set up in landscape mode! Yet another hypothesis pays off.

I have only tried this with Zelda and Pacman so far, but it seems to be doing
the trick. However, when I tried to play MarioBrothers in the landscape
mode, my machine choked on the program.

One other comment, when we try to play Zelda, the icons and buttons beneath
the game (the desktop) respond to the stylus, rather than the game responding
to stylus input. Did I miss something in the documentation? Should we try to
play this with a keyboard?

Thanks in advance.

Matt K.