Re: [NTLK] RTF with images in Newton Press - error -11005

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Fri Mar 05 2004 - 11:39:46 PST

<snip>
> So to turn appletalk file sharing on you go through the chooser? I'll
> have to look at that when I get a chance. (I don't really know my way
> around the mac very well...)
>
> -Rhonda

File sharing? There are three control panels involved:

1) Appletallk this changes which media Appletalk is running on (ie
printer port/ethernet/IR)
2) Chooser This also has a button to enable and disable Appletalk, but
doesn't change the media (see above)
3) File sharing

I am not sure you actually want file sharing (you don't if this is
simply for newton connectivity.

There was also a BUG in some version of macOS which prevented the
choosers enable/disable radio button from working properly. So the
Appletalk CP is recommended.

This control panel is NOT available in classic by the way.

Marty