Re: [NTLK] OSX source?

From: Brian Pearce (bpearce_at_cloud9.net)
Date: Mon Mar 08 2004 - 19:52:48 PST

> Yes. Unfortunately, Apple is dipping its cup into the "Open-Source
> River" and not pouring its own soup back in. Bad karma, Apple.

I don't think this is entirely accurate, though I'll admit, my
knowledge of the situation isn't complete. (Specific factual references
would be appreciated.) But even so, it isn't as if the *entirety* of
Mac OS X is open source; just certain aspects of it. There are parts of
the OS that remain proprietary, and Apple has every right to protect
them.

As for future OS releases (which were mentioned in the previous
message); if they haven't been released yet, what motivation would
Apple have to do anything *but* keep them under lock and key?

BRIAN/bpearce_at_cloud9.net