Re: [NTLK] Newton Backup using NCU and Win98se

From: Robert Serna (japecan_at_newted.dyndns.org)
Date: Wed Mar 10 2004 - 18:32:01 PST

Just to let Win98se users know that I just backed up an 8 mb yellow Pretec with internal memory @ 1737k used/1786K free and 8mb flash memory @ 1329K used/6408K free in 11 min with a 400mhz Dell Latitude Ls with no slow down and using 56K to connect ncu using a Belkin F5u103 usb serial Adapter with dongle using Win/Newton serial cable! NCU shows that I backed up 1.71MB internal and 1.46MB flash card! The Pretec Only had Leverage info (ie cd catalogue of about 230 cds with 7 tables per record! Took out my other 2100 Restored all information and it was all there! Just to let Win people know not to throw in the towel too quickly!

--
sent with a Newton Message Pad 2100 using Mail V