[NTLK] help??

From: James Nichols (smilr_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Mar 10 2004 - 19:07:59 PST

Okay, I'm in the middle of Finals week - and my Newton, the one that
has a broken screen from the Doh! thread, is where the majority of my
notes for class are stored.

I'm doing a take-home test now, due tomorrow - and an answer I need, is
only available in my notes - on the newton - with the broken screen.
YES the test is Open-Notes, but that doesn't do me much good when I
can't open Notepad to navigate them.

I need an emergency way to backup my notes - I have an SER installed,
and can use it with my keyboard for MINIMAL navigation, I also have
access to parts of the very rightmost edge of the tough sensor - so I
can hit the up/down nav buttons, and hit the Dock program's icon in my
button bar.

I would ideally like to be able to get newtVNC working in server mode -
I can launch it from DashBoard, and can change ANYTHING but the radio
check mark of veiwer / server - so close yet so far.

I can use the keyboard to dell Dock to attempt to connect via the last
setting use (serial) if I hit enter on the keyboard - but the keyboard
is taking up the serial port to do so - if ONLY I had last set it to my
wireless card before breaking the thing!

The actual notes are stored on a linear flash pcmcia card - is there
any sort of driver or program that will let me browse it's contents
from a Mac os 9 powerbook?

Any way anyone can think of to get this thing to back up my notes
(nsync is installed, but I can't start it :( ... ) ?

---