Re: [NTLK] Panther Package Installer

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Wed Mar 10 2004 - 19:47:38 PST

on 10/03/04 17:19, Norman Palardy at palardyn_at_shaw.ca wrote:

>>> The unix version of "blue screen of death"
>>
>> - Hmmm .....
>> What is "blue screen of death"??
>> Windoze version of "frozen screen"? - although it sounds worse...
>
> Windows "Blue screen of death"
> Usually showing a meesage like "An application has caused an exception "
> You then restart your computer and lose everything you were working on

I think that this is still an improvement over messages like "keyboard
failure: press a key to continue"...

-Laurent.

finger-pointing syndrome n.: All-too-frequent result of bugs, esp. in new or
experimental configurations. The hardware vendor points a finger at the
software. The software vendor points a finger at the hardware. All the poor
users get is the finger.