[NTLK] remember ziggy, was Re: [OT] Musical Chairs (was PLEASE RESPOND!!!)

From: Peter Fraser (pjfraser_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Mar 10 2004 - 19:53:55 PST

<sigh>

oh, you are all way too young...

  He looked a lot like Che Guevara, drove a diesel van
  Kept his gun in quiet seclusion, such a humble man
  The only survivor of the National People's Gang
  Panic in Detroit, I asked for an autograph
  He wanted to stay home, I wish someone would phone
  Panic in Detroit

He laughed at accidental sirens that broke the evening gloom
  The police had warned of repercussions
  They followed none too soon
  A trickle of strangers were all that were left alive
  Panic in Detroit, I asked for an autograph
  He wanted to stay home, I wish someone would phone
  Panic in Detroit

Putting on some clothes I made my way to school
  And I found my teacher crouching in his overalls
  I screamed and ran to smash my favourite slot machine
  And jumped the silent cars that slept at traffic lights

Having scored a trillion dollars, made a run back home
  Found him slumped across the table. A gun and me alone
  I ran to the window. Looked for a plane or two
  Panic in Detroit. He'd left me an autograph
  "Let me collect dust." I wish someone would phone
  Panic in Detroit
  Panic in Detroit
  Panic in Detroit