Re: [NTLK] Stripping Html In Mail V?

From: Simon Bell (simonbell_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Mar 11 2004 - 09:36:17 PST

On 11 Mar, 2004, at 5:12 pm, Matthew Reidsma wrote:

> can Mail V convert messages to plain text or even parse html?

The HTML parser in SimpleMail was so limited, slow and buggy I decided
Mail V would be better off without it, so the answer to your question
is "no".

If you're really keen to view HTML there might be a way to get
NewtsCape to parse it for you, but I'm guessing that isn't the seamless
solution you're looking for.

What I'd really like to do is use the khtml parser from Safari
(actually what I'd really like to do is port Safari to Newton) but
that's just wishful thinking given all the other things I really need
to do. Maybe somebody else will take up the challenge?

Simon