Re: [NTLK] Hi, I'm New Here!

From: Ikem Nzeribe (zen18723_at_zen.co.uk)
Date: Thu Mar 11 2004 - 15:53:21 PST

Hi Anil,
I have a common story, I guess. I rocked a brand-new colour Palm, fresh
from the plant, when I walked into my local Mac dealer one day. I saw
him twirling an old-school PDA. "It's a Newton," he said. A 130. When
he demoed the handwriting recognition, my eyeballs nearly popped out of
my skull!
"What, they can *do* that..?" I thought it must be some kind of
future-technology, and when I was told it was old, I could hardly
beleive it. This is from a guy who bent his own writing out of shape by
using Graffitti. So I bought it as a toy. And after a while, I began
using my very expensive Palm less... and less. And then I sold my
"cutting-edge" Palm, which had been practically relegated to junk
status.
I'm a 2100 user now. I own, maybe 7 Newtons: a 2000, & 5 130s. I use it
for practically everything, although I have suffered sycing woes since
ditching OS 9, so I gotta do the Keyspan-serial thing, since I know
there are ethernet issues with Panther/Newton.
I wanna rock a Bluetooth/Blunt Newton, and run IRC/IM/Web whilst in
transit. *This* is handheld computing. If y'all haven't embraced the
Blunt concept & how it extends the Newton, y'all better get on board
;-)

Ikem.