Re: [NTLK] newt capturing key moments audio, was Re: Signing off for a little while

From: Peter Fraser (pjfraser_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Mar 12 2004 - 14:37:28 PST

quite frankly, now she's glad i did it, but at the time she was so out of it she didn't even notice. and she had no idea i'd planned to do it.

that birthing thing's damn hard work, you know. plus she opted for doping on this delivery (second child) so i'd imagine some of the details were less obvious. i just called and asked her and she remembers very little of the event, altho the first kid, in '95, is very clear still.

as for taking audio off of a video and sticking it into the newt, well, yeah sure, but that does indeed miss the point.

gee, i sure wuld like to get an aiff or wav of li'l Eliz's first cry. there ought to be a Newt app that just does that for us, don't you think (hint, hint)? i know there's some convoluted pathway to do it now, but i seem to remember being impossibly intimidated by that...