Re: [NTLK] weird HWR problem

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Mar 14 2004 - 11:58:39 PST

Every once in a while, this page is needed:
http://www.catamount.com/HWRTips/HWRTips.html
This is a very, very old page! It goes way back when
Hardy Macia was activly writing software for the Newt
(After he posted a picture of the rural train station
that he wanted to buy and make it a house for him and
his new bride, I just had to support him by buying
something!)
Give it a read...it still is viable today!
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Phil Dokas <phil_at_stereoboy.org> wrote:
> On Mar 14, 2004, at 12:36 PM, Manuel Probsthain
> wrote:
>
> Hi all, I'm new to this list with the recent
> purchase of a good MP2100
> on ebay. I'm looking for knowledge into the more
> advanced techniques
> of the handwriting recognition.
>
> > I always have problems with the [Return] gesture.
> > They all turn to "J"s :(
>
> I have this same problem, and I've also enabled
> cursive recognition and
> configured all of my letter shapes but I've got a
> few questions. I
> noticed that the Learn My Handwriting option is only
> available for
> cursive mode. How exactly does this option work?
> Is there a negative
> effect when it interprets a word incorrectly and how
> can I correct its
> mistakes in such a way that it learns from my
> corrections?
>
> Also, I've read a few things which hint towards
> gestures in the HWR
> interface. For instance, is there a gesture that I
> can make that
> capitalizes/decapitalizes a word? I know about the
> double-tap
> correction which usually includes a cap'ed version,
> but is there a
> single gesture I can do?
>
> Thanks all, I'm very excited with my Newton and I
> want to learn all
> there is to it.

=====
"China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."
 - Charles De Gaulle, former French President