[NTLK] Restore teaser: 'EnRoute had to be disabled...'

From: Berthe M. Willumsen (bmw_at_biobase.dk)
Date: Mon Mar 15 2004 - 13:31:14 PST

I've been cleaning up and moving things to and from cards, getting
duplicates and backups in order.
In the process, it made sense to restore the Newton from an NCU
backup - internal.
First it restores information (naming the soups as they transfer),
then it reaches 'Packages'.
Suddenly it says:
'The EnRoute Internet Transport had to be disabled. Reinstall the
EnRoute Core and then tap on the EnRoute internet icon to enable it.'
The first time I saw it I made a mistake because I thought things
were frozen and I stopped the restore - then I was in trouble, no
more Wifi connection. I had a card backup (my NIE and EnRoute are on
internal) and tried to restore only EnRoute Core from that - same
error message as from the desktop backup. Tried again, then Core
seemed to be installed, but took Enroute internet with it in the
process (its name in extensions not in bold). With this setup, I
could get wifi connection, I installed the package, breathed a sigh
of relief and - proceeded to restore again.

Same thing, but this time I realized that the connection was not down
and let it go on - when I looked at it later the connection *was*
down; NCU had an error message and the Newton was asking for pen
realignment and said it had been shut down due to a communications
error.

I think, though, everything is restored on internal - specifically
both EnRoute extensions are there - but how can I tell?
Won't the same happen if I try restoring from the NCU file again?
Does the 'end' have anything to do with the EnRoute error message?
And why does it do whatever it is that gives rise to the message?

Is this a well known restore issue? I tried searching the archives
for ''EnRoute' and 'disabled' - nothing.

Do you think my Newt is all restored?

--
Berthe
Denmark, MP2100