Re: [NTLK] A word makes Newt go crazy...

From: Berthe M. Willumsen (bmw_at_biobase.dk)
Date: Wed Mar 17 2004 - 10:24:24 PST

>Berthe M. Willumsen wrote:
>> When I write a particular word ('overs') the Newton starts firing
>> sounds rapidly (pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, many times over
><snip>
>> Please, anyone know what is happening?
>
>Try opening your personal word list (open the on-screen keyboard, and then tap
> on the "book" in the lower-left corner). If it opens alright, scroll down
>to the O's and delete 'overs' if it is there.
It wasn't - nothing even close.

>You didn't mention if you are using any 3rd-party HWR addons, like alt.rec...
>or Corrector+. Are you? Are you using printed or cursive recognition?

No add on's and using cursive - alwas have...

However, getting ready to test the suggestion of putting the word
into the word list, I retested the feature and the Newton doesn't do
it anymore. The ride home in a secure bag..... It will happily
translate all the overs I can think of.

But:
Funny dates finding before instead of after
Having problems when restoring internal
View missing viewClass in notes in Names

I wonder whether it is time for my very first brain wipe??

--
Berthe
Denmark, MP2100