Re: [NTLK] IMPORTANT: Newton Revival Imminent

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Thu Mar 18 2004 - 10:27:35 PST

On Mar 18, 2004, at 6:33 AM, Jon Glass wrote:

> I don't want something
> that makes me rethink my whole way of doing things.... At this point,
> would prefer something that works _just like_ I'm used to....
WRONG! You just haven't seen the next big thing yet. Although I
certainly remember all of those smug PC users in the mid 80's laughing
about the mouse and cute graphics on the mac. They just were happy
with DOS because they already knew how to use it...
> In the end,
> for most people, the keyboard is the most comfortable,
That isn't the end. Just wait. Keyboards are definitely not going
away just yet. But they will not be ubiquitous forever...
> as hwr doesn't seem
> to do it for most people... Most people aren't willing to take the
> time to
> force themselves to adapt to a new device, or to wait for it to adapt
> them.... For them, even two days "teaching" their computer how to
> recognize
> their handwriting is too much.... So, what do you do for them? Voice
Perhaps, but of course that has some other issues too.

Something clearly will come about, I wouldn't put "mind reading" beyond
technology...

Marty