Re: [NTLK] Maryland users?

From: Laurent Daudelin (Laurent_Daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Thu Mar 18 2004 - 12:15:04 PST

On 18/03/04 14:00, "Robert Serna" <japecan_at_newted.dyndns.org> wrote:

> Anybody on the list living near Silver Spring Maryland that can give me
> details about the cost of living there? I might have a contract job
> opportunity for 2 years & they are requesting me to re-locate there! I live in
> Northern California now! I will be bringing my Newtons with me too!

I don't know the very specific of Silver Spring, since I live in Northern
Virginia, but, although not as expensive as some areas in California, expect
pretty high cost of living. It's getting expensive as h... to live around DC
at this time! Just to give you an idea, I bought a single family house in
Herndon, 20 minutes from DC, 5 minutes from Dulles Airport, in 1999 that was
assessed by the county at $161,000. They've been re-assessing properties in
Fairfax County every year now and last year, I was assessed at $236,000!!!

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin                 Developer, Multifamily, ESO, Fannie Mae
mailto:Laurent_Daudelin_at_fanniemae.com                Washington, DC, USA