Re: [NTLK] [OT] RE: What is Cricket

From: Tony Kan (tony.kan_at_clear.net.nz)
Date: Fri Mar 19 2004 - 20:30:45 PST

A googlie is a ball that is bowled slowly rather than at fast pace. The
bowler tries to put a lot of spin on the ball to make it deviate in
direction once it hits the ground. What makes it a googlie is that the
bowler can make it deviate in the direction opposite to what you would
normally expect given the bowler's natural spinning action.

Cheers

Tony
Christchurch
New Zealand