Re: [NTLK] Scratches, NuShield and Klear Screen

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Mon Mar 22 2004 - 01:14:11 PST

On Mar 22, 2004, at 12:57 AM, Jared Bland wrote:
<snip>
> 1: What, exactly, does Klear Screen do? Does it reduce the visibility
> of current scratches? Is it something that is all but required for use
> with a NuShield?
It's a screen cleaner, kind of like windex, but designed for laptop and
CRT screens, it won't do much for scratches.
> 2: Would a NuShield also reduce the visibility of current scratches and
> imperfections?
Somewhat.
> Is it worth it, since my screen already has 1 very
> visible scratch and many not-so-visible scratches???
Your call, I don't use screen shields and prefer to see my imperfect
screen.
> Mainly, I'm wondering about current scratches on my screen - thanks to
> many years of use without any protector.
Not much to do. Some people recommend the old lemon pledge trick.
Otherwise just learn to live with them. It's an imperfect world and
things do to tend to fall apart...

Marty