Re: [NTLK] Dictionaries and 'check spelling as you type'

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Mon Mar 22 2004 - 11:14:26 PST

>are there any packages (likely a dictionary one) that add spelling
>check as you type style features to notepad? I'm thinking of things
>along the lines of microsoft word or textedit in os 10 - perhaps a grey
>squiggle underneath misspelled words on 2.1 devices? I hardly ever use
>works - but does works (or any add-ons to works?) do this? If so, are
>there any outline stationaries for works (I take notes in notepad using
>the outline stationary, If I could combine that with spell checking in
>works I'd switch to works instead of notepad)?

Hmm I don't know of any outline statioaries for Works. However you can use
something like Propoint to put a "bullet" easly. And you can move the
"bullet" around to create outlines. Not as nice as the outline stationary
in Notes, but it would work. As for spellchecking in Works. Spellman will
underline mispelled words as you type them. It only uses the built in word
list so it does not have the much larger dictionaries of other
spellcheckers, but as I said it does check on the fly. And it is free.

>(I would check works myself - but my MP is undergoing surgery - I
>received my digitizer and glass plate from Frank!)

I hope that it is successful!

-Dan