Re: [NTLK] Semi-OT - Magic Cap vs Newton?

From: Vaguely Radio (vradio_at_maine.rr.com)
Date: Mon Mar 22 2004 - 16:55:12 PST

I've been doing some pretty extensive searching on Magic Cap related
issues lately (culminating in my purchase today through eBay of a
DataRover 840 - OT review forthcoming when I receive it!), and the
evidence seems to suggest a Macintosh version was never completed. I'm
sure someone out there can prove me wrong if it does in fact exist, but
so far searching for something like that has come up zilch.

Maybe you know somebody who's got an old 486 lying around that runs
Windows?
I hate to speak such heresy but seems like it might be your only way -
or you could spend 35 bucks and get a DataRover 840 "brand new in box"
from eBay right now - the same seller from whom I purchased seems to
have a bunch of them listed as Buy It Nows. Can't vouch for him but
his positive feedback is high so I considered it worth the risk. Just
search ebay for "datarover" and you'll come up with some listings.

I can't say I'm as fired up as I was when I ordered my Newton (and oh,
the day I received it was such bliss... such indescribable bliss...),
but I'm sure I'll still feel like a kid on Christmas when it arrives...!

-Dan