Re: [NTLK] Semi-OT - Magic Cap vs Newton?

From: Vaguely Radio (vradio_at_maine.rr.com)
Date: Tue Mar 23 2004 - 04:39:56 PST

Good question, though he was asking about a Mac version of Magic Cap to
"try it out". I wonder if it's possible to copy the information over
to a PCMCIA card though because I expect when my Datarover arrives I'm
going to encounter a bit of a problem installing any software; the
proprietary connection cable is I think not included, nor is transfer
software though I figure that at least would be easy to find. I think
I wouldn't be able to transfer to PCMCIA card if the Datarover needs to
format the card to its own specifications...

Can this be done with Newton packages? It was my understanding that
the Newton formats a PCMCIA card in its own way and that it would
render it unreadable to a PC afterwards.

-Dan