Re: [NTLK] Options for screen protectors

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Tue Mar 23 2004 - 22:56:05 PST

on 3/24/04 1:30 AM, Rhonda Hyslop at 0x7ff00025_at_paradox.homeip.net wrote:

>> You have to go reeal slooow in putting them on, and use a nice, soft
>> _cotton_ cloth to rub them down as you go. Overall, I was very happy
>> with my WriteRights.
>
> Soft cotton cloth? funny, I use the edge of my credit card to rub the
> WriteRight down. When I last changed it (about 6 months ago) I ended up
> with one teensy bubble and a fingerprint near the top of the screen :-)

Ouch. I would be afraid of scratching my writeright. Actually, I seldom had
big problems, only the first couple I put on, but you have to be veery
careful to not rush it. Once on, and especially after a couple days, you
can't even tell it's there!

>> They don't last as long as my NuShields, however. I'll stick with
>> them now.
>
> How long do NuShields last? I know the WriteRight package said to
> replace the screen protector every month or two, which is just
> ridiculous IMO, but mine lasted me a couple of years (and yes, I did use
> it during those years, quite heavily in fact).

I could never get more than six months out of my WriteRights, but they would
be in pretty bad shape by that point! Usually I changed after the third
month. I can't imagine going a year or more! I like a clean-lookng
screen---unfortunately, my 2100 has a horribly worn screen, and I no longer
have that. I like to play with my kids' 120s however, just to see a pretty
screen. ;-)

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland