[NTLK] Hi! (New Kid On The Block)

From: Christopher J. Lowe (christopherjlowe_at_optusnet.com.au)
Date: Tue Mar 23 2004 - 23:05:59 PST

I just got my Newton Messagepad 2100 off eBay and I love it!

Came with stylus, door, 4MB flash card, NiMH battery and power pack
from jksales.com. It's in excellent condition, and the battery life is
awesome- charged last night, used it last night and all day today,
including about an hour's backlight usage, and it shows 94% still :)
I've already put NIE2 on it and got it talking to my network. Taking it
out today in my college's computer lab was fun - it got a few odd
looks, then about 6 people hovered around it drawing on it. Their eyes
popped out when I used Macintalk! :)

I joined NewtonTalk the day after the order was placed on eBay. i've
been reading what you're all doing with yours, pacing back and forth
waiting for UPS to drop it off... finally here! And within one day I'm
already fully competent with it. It's true what they say - it's
intuitive and easy, but it's powerful.

There's only one... teensy weensy problem. I'm online via Localtalk &
Localtalk Bridge atm - and it isn't working.

Oh well.

Cheers,
Chris lowe
Melbourne, Australia