Re: [NTLK] Newton Print Pack

From: Rhonda Hyslop (0x7ff00025_at_paradox.homeip.net)
Date: Thu Mar 25 2004 - 11:25:41 PST

* Victor Rehorst <victor_at_newtontalk.net> [25 Mar 2004 10:52]:
> Rhonda Hyslop wrote:
> > Holy crap. Good thing I saw this before taking out the garbage from
> > spring cleaning... we have a bunch of these cables. Mostly USB->parallel
> > PowerPrint, but I see one serial->parallel and I'll dig around to see if
> > we have any more. I think we have an official Newton Print Pack cable as
> > well, never used as far as I recall. We don't have a parallel printer
> > anymore (it died recently, at age 13), and so have no use for them.
>
> The FAQ has a section on what PrintPack cables work. IIRC later models
> wouldn't get along with the Newton's PrintPack drivers.
>
> http://www.chuma.org/newton/faq/newton-faq-hardware.html#IIB8

Ok, The serial->parallel cable has a different part number than the one
in the FAQ that is listed as working. I have no idea whether the cable I
have will work or not with a Newton. (For reference, it is P/N 901-0025)

The USB->parallel cables obviously won't work with the newton. :-)

-Rhonda

--
 www.write-on.indy || www.write-on.org   \/  http://history.ubcengineers.ca/
  Discuss the art and craft of writing   /\   UBC Engineers History Project