Re: [NTLK] Blunt + T68i issues

From: Eckhart Köppen (eck1001_at_gmx.net)
Date: Thu Mar 25 2004 - 23:17:17 PST

On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 18:11:24 -0800, Sonya Hipper wrote:
> However, if I try to initiate pairing with any device (tried with a
> T68i and a G4 Mac running Panther thus far), I immediately get an Error
> -48204 ("Path Failed" according to the error DB). If the Newt tries to
> accept, the T68i will find it (with correct name and all) but generate
> an Error -48200 ("Expected a frame, array, or binary object") upon the
> attempted pair.

Just some quick ideas before I can check this more thorougly: Can try
again, but this time with BugTrap installed (It's on Unna)? It should
give you a crash log as a Note, which would help me a lot.

> Oh, and when I reset my Newt, now I'm getting an error -48807 during
> the boot process from one of the packages on my lower-slot card. But I
> have Blunt and all accompanying packages stored internally, so I reset
> the Newt without the card...the results listed above are the same with
> or without the 32MB card. :(

This is the NIE Nitro & Blunt Module failing to patch NIE to enable
Nitro and Blunt as new connection methods. I definitely have to look
into this. In the meantime, what helped me at least was putting the NIE
Nitro & Blunt Module on the memory card, freezing it there and thawing
it again. Afterwards, the -48807 errors should stop. But I'll try to
come up with a more robust way of patching.

> Hmm...and I get an error -8007 (" Exception not handled") when trying
> to ObEx anything now, too!

This I've heard before but not seen myself. The problem is that BugTrap
can't catch this properly, but I have an idea what it could be
(basically, the Newton is confused over which transport to send an
item). But I'll try to figure out what happened here too!

Eckhart