[NTLK] Possible conflict WordNewt and WorksBetter

From: Woody Smith (woody_at_bitstream.net)
Date: Sun Mar 28 2004 - 10:39:54 PST

A while back I reported a problem with WordNewt causing a serious
freeze up of my 2100. The problem did not occur on every occasion but
did seem related to the use of Newtworks. It seemed to happen most
frequently when both were open but not always and sometimes when
Newtworks was not open.
Feedback suggested too little free heap, extension conflict and I
feared a flash card problem. My free heap seemed ok, so I backed up
internal and card stores and reinstalled packages and information
allowing plenty of trial time between installations.
I installed Newtworks with Worksbetter and WordNewt, didn't seem to
have a problem. Added NewtsCape with all related packages, no problem.
  I started to suspect Courier. Installed Dashboard still no problem.
Newtendo and other games no problem.
I then inserted the second linear flash ram card and shortly after
started having freeze-ups when using Wordnewt. Problem persisted when
card was removed.
Because of the discussion on list of Worksbetter causing some problems
I tried freezing it. Problem stopped. I replaced second flash card,
no problem.
I installed Courier and associated packages, no problem.
Thawed Worksbetter, Problem.
So I suspect a conflict between WorksBetter and WordNewt.

Woody