Re: [NTLK] WTB: Newton storage card, 4mb or more

From: Aynthem (aynthem_at_softhome.net)
Date: Mon Mar 29 2004 - 18:57:42 PST

On 29 Mar 2004 at 11:57, TheCraigLaw_at_aol.com wrote:

> Looking for a 4mb+ storage card for my MPs; if anyone has a spare,
> please let me know cost+shipping to 30043.
>
> Also; I see alot of similar-type cards out there on Ebay and such...
> I want to use this card w/ my MP 130 and a EMate 300. Are there any > specific cards to use/not use? Should I stay w/ the Apple-branded > cards?

I would love to see the fine folk here come up with a list of exactly
what memory cards, complete with part and serial numbers, will work
natively in an eMate. The "I think" and "it might" answers are
helpful, but I don't have a lot of extra money to throw around buying
cards that may or may not work.

That being said, I can state conclusively that a Newton-branded 4mb
flash card, with the Apple part number H0230Z/A will work in both an
eMate and a 130 in full mode; it reads in both, writes in both, and
will transfer a package from one to the other, because I just tested
it in *my* eMate and 130! However, this card will not work in 1.0 OS
devices. I also have a 1mb Newton SRAM card that works in all my
Newtons so far (2 eMates, a 130, and a 2000); I'm waiting for my 120
and 110s to get here to check those.

The 4mb cards come up reasonably often on eBay and usually sell
between $10 and $20, depending on condition. I picked up three brand-
new-in-sealed-box in the past few months. J&K Sales also has them
used for sale on their website, but I'd email first, to make sure you
get one that works in an eMate, meaning either the card is that part
number or something else they've verified works.

Good luck!

Melody

--
Power corrupts. Absolute power's a blast. ­- John Fund