Re: [NTLK] ethernet

From: Christopher J. Lowe (christopherjlowe_at_optusnet.com.au)
Date: Mon Mar 29 2004 - 20:59:21 PST

Four thoughts:
1. Is AppleTalk active on the network interface?
(9: Apple menu > Control panels > Appletalk > choose "Built-in
Ethernet" > Close & press Save.
10: Apple menu > System Preferences > Network > choose "Built-in
Ethernet" > Appletalk tab > [¡î]Make Appletalk active. > Apply changes)

2. Is Newton Connection Utilities / compatible program actually *open*
on the mac you're trying to connect to? Is it set to search for macs on
Appletalk? (Edit > Preferences > [¡î]Appletalk on NCU)

3. Is ethernet *really* set up properly? Address part of the same
subnet? If DHCP, is it actually recieving an address?

4. Is Newtie's AppleTalk setup right? On the Newt: Extras > Setup >
Prefs > AppleTalk > Connect using [EtherTalk] > Card [your card].

Are you getting a connection to the net with, for example, EnRoute or
Newtscape?

Hope these help.

On Tuesday, Mar 30, 2004, at 14:46 Australia/Melbourne,
mickeysmith_at_mac.com wrote:

> My cute little Newtie - she is all set up for ethernet and all goes
> well till she looks for "Mac OS" computers and cannot find my iMac.
> Any suggestions?
100% Jesus,
Chris.

Jamie's boy,