Re: [NTLK] Newton programs wish list (WAS:Newton MPEG Support/How about PDF?)

From: Richard Plume (rplume_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Tue Mar 30 2004 - 00:54:33 PST

on 3/30/2004 2:41 AM, Robert Benschop at sh075388_at_12move.nl wrote:

> On 30-mrt-04, at 4:24, Richard Plume wrote:
>> 1 ­ A JPEG extension for SimpleMail (I use version 4.3). I know others
>> have
>> written these extensions, but they require you to use Newtscape. I
>> donıt
>> need or want to run Newtscape. Iım looking for a stand-alone JPEG
>> extension.
>
> I'd rather see the resources go to something that isn't there already,
> and why don't you want to run Newtscape?

    I don't need all of it's functionality. Frankly, the fewer things I run,
the better. I'm running so much on my Newton now that I;m running out of
space and am beginning to develop conflicts.

>> 2 ­ A new version of Tibet. I need the ability to see JPEG files on the
>> Newton and then either e-mail or FTP them to another server.
>> Specifically I
>> need to take a CF card out of a camera and put it into the Newton and
>> read
>> the JPEGs. I need to caption, resize, crop and rename the image.
>
> No source code available AFAIK

    That's unfortunate. It's the one program that made me switch to the
MobilePro. I use a digital camera a lot and the ability store photos off the
camera on a 1 gig CF card in the MobilePro and upload them anywhere is
extremely important to me. There are limitations on the MobilePro but not
nearly as many as there on the Newton.

>> 4 ­ An extension that allows meetings to be entered that go past
>> midnight.
>> DateMan and Iım sure other programs, allow this but I donıt need all of
>> DateManıs features, just a small extension.
>
> See my first answer.

    See my first answer.

>> 6 ­ A web browser that can do frames and JPEGs. I know Newtscape can do
>> JPEGs but Iım looking for something simpler, more like an updated
>> Nethopper.
>
> Did you try Lunasuite, AFAIK it's quite capable (and crashy too ;-)

    No, I won't be moving to Lunasuite. Nice program but way too buggy.

> Robert Benschop

Rick