Re: [NTLK] Newton programs wish list (WAS:Newton MPEG Support/How about PDF?)

From: Hendrik Lipka (hendrik.lipka_at_gmx.de)
Date: Tue Mar 30 2004 - 23:02:03 PST

> The selfish reason I want it is - I play various RPGs. I can get the
> character sheets for all the games i play as PDFs. I can't always find a
> printer. If I could keep my characters on the Newt that'd be awesome. I

You can use PDFConv for this:
http://www.hendriklipka.de/newton/pdfconv.html
It helps converting the PDFs into images / HTML pages / Newton Books.

> suppose there could be a separate tool for this, or a stationary made,
> as you'd have to figure out a way to store form data (and possibly add
> form slot to said PDFs, so you could enter the form data).

Storing forms is not possible with PDFConv :(

hli

--
Møøse trained to mix concrete and                                 Hendrik Lipka
sign complicated insurance forms                           hendrik.lipka_at_gmx.de