Re: [NTLK] OT Kilometers

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Sat May 01 2004 - 10:16:59 PDT

on 5/1/04 7:02 PM, Norman Palardy at palardyn_at_shaw.ca wrote:

> Living in Canada I originally learned imperial and still refer to it
> from time to time out of habit.
> My children have learned metric and out of the two I personally ind
> metric much more sensible and intuitive.

Sorry folks. I forgot how this topic starts wars... ;-) I only wanted to
point out that there are some of us who like our imperial measurements and
don't want to change!!! That's all. No more. I know people like metric, and
I use it too, but for some things, I still prefer the imperial, because it
seems to fit better (remodeling my home, for instance, or building shelves
and cabinets.)

And yes, I've now lived 6 years in a metric country, and yes, I do still
like my feets (or is that foots) and inches and all the fractions thereof.
But please, don't let's turn this into a bashing war!!! I didn't want that!
I'll shut up now, and hope my blunder into this goes away. Sorry.

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland