Re: [NTLK] OT Kilometers

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Sat May 01 2004 - 22:19:13 PDT

on 5/2/04 12:52 AM, josh musket at jmusket_at_nmu.edu wrote:

>> What with all this talk of cooking which I myself enjoy, we sound like a
>> bunch of new age guys. We will be swapping recipes for scones soon!!!!
>>
> Scones, eh? Never tried making those. It probably follows from my never
> having had the chance to have one.

Scones are somewhat comparable to a good, American, Southern biscuit. Sorry,
but generally, Northerners can't make them. If you haven't had one, at least
drive to your nearest Hardees, and try their buiscuits. Theirs are good,
especially for a fast food joint.

In any case, scones are somewhat comparable to them, having a comparable
texture...

BTW, a good Southern cook doesn't use metric or imperial. She uses her hands
to measure everything! and intuition--and touch--one has to get the texture
just right.

What's funny is that my kids were reading an Osborne book or something, and
found a recipe for scones. My son liked it so much that he went into the
kitchen with it, and made a batch! So, every now and then, our son treats us
to scones! We had a Brit family tell us his scones are quite right. What
makes it all really odd is that he's not the kitchen type! More the
karate/science fiction type... But he's been doing it since he was 10 or
so... :-)

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland