Re: [NTLK] [ANN] Blunt 0.7

From: Eckhart Köppen (eck1001_at_gmx.net)
Date: Sun May 02 2004 - 13:20:54 PDT

On Sun, 2 May 2004 12:48:05 -0700, David Bates wrote:
> however I
> can't find anywhere to enter the "phone number" which typically for
> AT&T Wireless GPRS is *99***1#.

Due to the various different ways of setting up GPRS and whatnot, I
left this up to the login script. You need to open your Internet Setup
and add a login script, probably only consisting of three steps:
1. Send "ATDT*99***1#"
2. Send <funny newline character looking like a paragraph sign>
3. Wait for "CONNECT"
In the first step, I use only "ATDT*99#" with my 3650. I think the
"***1" is needed if you have multiple GPRS settings stored. In the last
step, there might also be other answers possible, but CONNECT is the
most common.

> then the Newt says that
> " The Newton Internet Enabler could not establish connection with your
> Internet Service Provider." Presumably this is because it is not
> sending the "phone number"?

Very likely. The steps you see should be "Loading PPP driver" which is
the first phase where the Newton connects to the phone, followed by
"Engaging PPP driver" where the PPP connection to the ISP is
established. When the first phase succeeds, problems usually lie with
the PPP settings and not Bluetooth anymore.

Eckhart