[NTLK] LPR Driver testing - works with HP CLJ4500

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Mon May 03 2004 - 11:32:13 PDT

Hello Everybody! (Hi, Dr. Victor!)

I just took a few minutes out of a busy Monday to try out Eck's LPR printer
driver at work.

Works:
        HP Color LaserJet 4500 with JetDirect card. Used 'lp' as the queue name.
I've printed to this printer before using EtherTalk, so I'm not surprised that
it worked.

Didn't work:
        Brother HL-1270N. This is an "almost-PostScript" printer, so I was sceptical
from the beginning. LPD queue name is "BINARY_P1", but my job just
disappeared into the ether. I suspect the printer's BR-Script interpreter
didn't like my Real PostScript(R) coming out of the Newton.

At home I have an Apple Personal LaserWriter NTR, but it's connected to a CUPS
LPD queue, so apparently it won't work yet.