Re: [NTLK] Brainwipes (Was: Re: Button Bar Question)

From: Humphreys, David (david.humphreys_at_honeywell.com)
Date: Tue May 04 2004 - 13:20:36 PDT

Adam's software is a front-end to DISPLAY the silicon ID. As this is unique for every Newton, it makes perfect sense to
use it. Why reinvent the wheel?

There is no ordinary way of accessing this number. His program gives you that access.

It IS accessible via programming and that is what a number of software developers chose to do.

Others choose to use an algorithm based partly or wholly on user input.

It can also cause major headaches if you change a MLB and have software keyed to this ID.

Regards,

PCBman