Re: [NTLK] Brainwipes (Was: Re: Button Bar Question)

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.int)
Date: Wed May 05 2004 - 01:41:34 PDT

Despite the fact that the problem seems to be solved now, there are
different ways for registering applications.
There are applications they require Newt ID from Adam Tow and others not.
In principle they can use the hardware coded ID only (I think it was called
seed code) or they can combine that ID with the owner info.
And here it comes into play that the owner info will be deleted during a
brain wipe (but not the installed software patches!)
If you then use a package that requires the "combined ID" and you enter your
owner name slightly different, the registration will not succeed anymore.
I think thats what happened to the poster of this thread...

Cheers
Johannes