Re: [NTLK] [OT] The future of handheld devices?

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed May 05 2004 - 23:32:26 PDT

You mean the vapor-ware that was supposed to be
release last fall? Or the fall before that?
http://www.geek.com/news/geeknews/2002apr/bch20020419011288.htm
I think I remember reading about that device around
the same time that TransMeta was talking about their
forming as a startup!
Here is an interesting timeline of articles on OQO.
http://www.stevebarr.com/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/barrst/goto.pl?oqo
In otherwords, I'll believe it when I go down to my
local Best Buy and play with one on display!
Ed
web/gadget guru

come and see my Newt on the web (well, mostly) at:
http://65.84.243.167

--- Christopher Dean <chris.dean_at_curtin.edu.au> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Has anyone seen the OQO handheld PC (www.oqo.com)
> being released this US
> fall?
>
> It has everything the Newton would have had by
> now...
> - Integrated keyboard
> - Colour screen
> - Bluetooth
> - 802.11b
> - USB
> - WinXP (ok, not so good..)
> - 20GB HDD
> - Docking station
>
> The list goes on. Looks like my team will have to
> "test" a few of these :)
>
> Regards,
>
> Chris

=====
"A democracy is a sheep and two wolves deciding on what to have for lunch. Freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the results of the decision."
 - Benjamin Franklin