Re: [NTLK] More brainwipe paranoia

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.int)
Date: Fri May 07 2004 - 00:12:29 PDT

Nice photos...
For me it looks like some fluid was around the chips,
which evaporated and left this white residual.
The question is whether this fluid or the residual is somehow conductive.
If so, this would explain the behaviour.
In the worst case the fluid was conductive and destroyed the chip due to a
short cut.

Of course I think still it is worth a try to clean that area.
I would recommend to do that with pure alcohol or spirit using a clean paint
brush.
After the treatment let it dry completely and power the Newt again.

Cheers
Johannes