[NTLK] Welcome, Dr. Tom!

From: MKow1234_at_aol.com
Date: Fri May 07 2004 - 06:53:38 PDT

Dr. Isenbarger:

Welcome to the world-wide Newton community. This is the best place to come
to get your answers questioned and vice-versa. Seriously, there are some great
technical professionals here that willingly help out anyone in need.

As far as required equipment, you'll need the standard Newton Connection
Utility program, to exchange information between your PC/Mac and your Newton. You
will need the serial cable to connect the devices to each other. I also
recommend getting a fax/modem PCMCIA card (I have extras, if you have trouble
finding one elsewhere). I've used the faxing capability of my MP 2100 many times,
to assist in various nonprofit initiatives; a very useful communication tool.

I recall that there were a few Newton programs that were originally developed
to aid hospital staff; things like keeping track of patient information,
prescription medicines, and so forth. I will check my own files, to see which
programs I might have available.

Again, welcome!

Matt K.

<< On Behalf Of Thomas Isenbarger